- August 2, 2022 - State Primary Election - Absentee Ballot Application
- November 8, 2022 - State General Election - Absentee Ballot Application
The polls are open on Election Day from 7:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Information on Voting Absentee
If you wish to save time and vote an absentee ballot in every election, just check the box on the absent voter ballot application.
To verify if you are a registered voter or view a sample ballot, please click here.
When it comes time for election, many people have questions such as: Am I registered to vote? How do I go about getting and absentee ballot? How can I view my sample ballot for the upcoming election? Voters can use the Michigan Voter Information Center to find out all the answers to questions they may have.
FILING NOMINATING PETITION INFORMATION FOR CANDIDATES
For the November 8, 2022 General Election
- Make sure that you read the back of the petition form to properly fill out and make sure that every signature counts.
- Complete the heading of the petition before circulating it.
- Per the City Charter – the petition shall be signed by not less than twenty (20) nor more than fifty (50) qualified electors of the City.
- A person cannot sign a petition on behalf of another person, sign a petition more than once, or sign more petitions for the same office than there are persons to be elected in the office.
- All signatures submitted on a qualifying petition must have been collected within a 180 day period immediately preceding the date of filing; signatures which are dated more than 180 days prior to the date of filing are invalid.
- All candidates must submit an Affidavit of Identity form to the City Clerk.
- All candidates must file a Statement of Organization Form to the County Clerk within 10 days of filing their nominating petition forms.
- Return petitions to City Hall no later than 4:00 p.m. on July 26, 2022.
If you have any questions, please contact City Clerk at 269.465.5144.