Office of the City Manager
The City Manager shall be the chief administrative officer of the City, responsible to the Council for the administration of all matters placed in the City Manager’s charge by the Council by authority of the Charter. The City Manager shall:
- Enforce all laws and ordinances, the Charter, and carry out the policies and Resolutions of the Council
- Except as otherwise provided by the Charter, direct and supervise the administration of all administrative offices and departments of the City.
- Appoint, discipline, suspend or terminate all City employees, except those officers appointed by the Council who shall be terminated only with the consent of the Council. The City Manager may authorize any officer or head of a department to exercise these powers with respect to subordinates in that department.
- Prepare and submit an annual budget and capital program to the Council for its approval, and administer the budget adopted by the Council.
- Keep the Council advised of the financial condition and administrative activities of the City, and make such other reports as the Council may require concerning the operation of the City.
- Manage and supervise all public works, crossings, buildings, roads, improvements and other undertakings of the City.
- Manage and supervise all City utilities.
- Attend all Council meetings. The City Manager shall have the right to take part in all discussions, but shall not have a vote.
- Make recommendations to the City Council concerning the affairs of the City and perform such other duties as are specified in the Charter, Ordinance, Resolution or as may be required by the Council.